Get lifted by Novida: a new life for 25 bob

    'Novida' is Portuguese for 'new life'. And you can now get that new life in Nairobi for only 25 bob!

    A new non-alcoholic, malt-based, fruit-flavoured soft drink named 'Novida' was launched this week in Nairobi by Coca-Cola. I had the opportunity to taste it yesterday, as some beautiful girls in sexy miniskirts were distributing some cans for free on some highways and major roundabouts. My friend initially thought this was a new scantily dressed basketball team on their way to Kasarani, but no, this was the Novida promotion team. Novida comes in three flavours: pineapple, apple and tropical. A 300 ml bottle retails at KSh 25/- and a 250 ml slim can at KSh 45/-. It is not every day that you get a free present worth KSh 45/- from an attractive girl in Nairobi, so I decided I would give it a try. I got the pineapple flavoured version, produced on the 24th of October 2008 and expiring on the 3rd of July 2009. The ingredients are: carbonated water, sugar, acidulants: citric and malic acid, malt extract, stabilizers, flavourants, preservatives: potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate. Basically very much the same as the ingredients I listed in my message on Alvaro. It is only the quillaja extract which is missing in Novida, and that may be the reason why the foam on Novida is not lasting as long as the foam on Alvaro. As far as the taste is concerned, I found my Novida Pineapple to be quite refreshing and very similar to Alvaro Pineapple, maybe just a touch sweeter.

    Strangely enough, the can indicates "canned by Coca-Cola caners of Southern Africa (PTY) Ltd., 96 Mullet Street, Wadeville 1407, South Africa under authority of Schweppes Holdings Ltd." I mean, firstly, do we really have to import this from South Africa or could this be done locally as well? And secondly, shouldn't it read 'Coca-Cola canners' instead of 'Coca-Cola caners'? 'Caning' is something completely different from 'canning', and I hope there is a ban on caning in South Africa just like in Kenya. This could become quite a disturbing typo for Coca-Cola...

    No matter how many new Alvaro- or Novida-type drinks may still be launched, I think I will always still prefer water, Kenyan quality coffee, and fresh natural juices, basically because these new drinks are just flavours and not the real natural thing as I already described in my earlier post on Alvaro. Have you already tasted Alvaro and Novida? What is your opinion?Source URL: http://pussyhotnaked.blogspot.com/2008/11/get-lifted-by-novida-new-life-for-25.html
    Visit pussy hot naked for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List