One-on-one with @Queen_Lucky, Miss Twitter Kenya 2010

    @Queen_Lucky, Miss Twitter Kenya 2010
    @RafikiKenya: Let me start by congratulating you again on being voted the first ever Miss Twitter Kenya. I found the competition to be a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoyed it too. What were your first feelings when you learned that you won?
    @Queen_Lucky: First off, thank you for the opportunity to participate in this competition! It introduced me to so many other Kenyans on Twitter to whom I thought never existed. I believed the Kenyan Twitter community was very small; I was shown otherwise. When I found out I won I was speechless, I couldn't believe it. I had checked the scores in the late evening and I was 150 behind. I had given up, so when I found out I had won, I was euphoric!!! Started celebrating immediately!

    Rafiki: When did you join Twitter and why?
    Lucky: I joined Twitter about a year and a half ago. As much as I love Facebook, it was getting full and I was out looking for the newest social network. Even though it took sometime to grow on me. I loved the concept from the beginning limited characters to type, very open, organized, minimal applications to clutter my notifications to my email. The more I tweeted, the funner it became. Also the idea of receiving newsfeeds from local news channels and international made it twice the fun.

    @Queen_Lucky smiling
    Rafiki: What do you mostly tweet about?
    Lucky: I mainly tweet about my life, the things I'm doing, my future endeavours, the people in my life... besides it says there before you tweet "whats on your mind", so I blurt out immediately! You will find me tweeting about topical issues as well when I find them relevant to my 1,800 followers and feel like we can relate and discuss.

    Rafiki: Who's your best friend and your worst enemy on Twitter?
    Lucky: Best friend on twitter... This is a tough one. There really isn't one. I will name my top 5 of course besides you (@RafikiKenya) @jeddylicious @crystalachieng @luckywandish @queenkazi @mmirinima Worst enemy... I actually do not have one! I am a friendly person, making enemies is very difficult for me.

    Rafiki: How do you see the Kenyan Twitterverse evolving in the near future?
    Lucky: Twitter is not being exploited to the full here in Kenya. It is great for advertising as I found out during my last event "Naija Nite". Although many have not caught on with its numerous advantages I believe in the future many people will join and cease the opportunity to market themselves or their business; or even just be themselves and have fun doing it.

    Rafiki: Apart from tweeting, what do you do?
    Lucky: I am the Head of Marketing and Advertising of a financial solutions service company in Nairobi. Along with that I am a student at USIU majoring in International Relations and a minor in Japanese and Marketing.

    Rafiki: Your profile picture attracted a lot of attention during the Miss Twitter Kenya competition, for several reasons I guess. Are you sure your boobies are for real?
    Lucky: OMG! Cannot believe you asked this. Yes, my breasts are 100% real! And I don't know why else it would attract attention... I found the picture very wholesome and simple however to others they saw the contrary.

    Rafiki: And at a certain point in the Miss Twitter Kenya competition, you wanted to change your profile picture. Why?
    Lucky: Haha. Too many comments regarding my breasts. I was not uncomfortable with the comments... I just didn't want people voting for me for the wrong reasons and I have a beautiful smile and eyes and none of that was captured in my profile picture for the competition. So I wanted to change, but then I realized it would spark too many questions so I declined.

    @Queen_Lucky, Miss Twitter Kenya 2010
    Rafiki: Which good cause would you like to take up during your reign as Miss Twitter Kenya?
    Lucky: I am still thinking about it, but I would like to do something to empower young people through debate and engage them in critical thinking. I am the Chairperson of the Kenya Debate Team, so I feel I may have something to offer in that area.

    Rafiki: Among other things, you won a night for two at the luxurious Tribe Hotel in Nairobi. Who will your King Lucky at Tribe Hotel?
    Lucky: This may disappoint a lot of people... but there will be NO King. I am actually going with my sister Jeddy. She was my campaign manager through out the competition and if I wanna have optimum fun there is no one else to share the experience with.

    Rafiki: Thanks for your time, your tweets and your smile.
    Lucky: ...awww... well THANK YOU for being the genius behind such a great idea! Looking forward to proving a difference and making a change in atleast one persons life.Source URL: http://pussyhotnaked.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-on-one-with-queenlucky-miss-twitter.html
    Visit pussy hot naked for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List